Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas morning

I hardly slept at all because i was so worried about Ruby. I just kept thinking that Christmas morning she was going to be laying on the sofa asking us to open her gifts for her. I was so wrong. Even with her super high fever she was the 1st kid up. I got up early to take Max on his walk and when I got home she came up to me and wispered "Guess what...I got an American Girl doll". She had already been downstairs to check out the loot. I could not believe it!

About that American girl doll, Ruby has asked for an American Girl doll for the past 2 years. This year Santa finally shoveled out the money for it and guess what Ruby's favorite gift from Christmas was...



A bra!
Yes a bra that Haley purchased at the 99 cent store for her. When Haley was shopping she choose the bra and I said "no way" and Haley reminded me that I had said she could pick out ANY one item in the store for each of her sisters. It was one item so I let her get it. (Mom- did you see above that I kept my promise of not posting any photos of you in curlers?)

Lucy's favorite gift was a Baby alive that wets and giggles. She loves feeding her and changing her diaper. I went to target and bought a big pack of premie diapers so she can give her bottles all day long.



Three months ago we went into Walgreens and Haley spotted a HUGE black horse on the top of one of the isles. She begged for it and told me that she loved it so much she couldn't live without it.  I listened to her but acted like I was really distracted with what we were looking for and told her that maybe we could get it later. The next day I emailed Santa and told him that he should buy that one horse before it was gone, luckily he did.

A few weeks before Christmas we went into Walgreens again and there was no mention of the horse. When we got to the car Haley was crying and said she didn't want to talk about it. She later told me that "Sparrow" was gone (yes, she had named her) and explained that when we were in Walgreens she looked all around and she was gone. Haley was devastated and said that now she would never have her. With tears in her eyes she looked at me and said "Now my only hope is Santa".  She was so happy to see Sparrow under the tree I thought she was going to cry. Wheww! Thank heavens Santa was so on the ball!

7 comments:

Tasha said...

Chanel, your girls are absolutely darling. I can't believe Haley is so big! I met her when she was 1! Love the bra! Your kids have your great sense of humor, don't they? Ihope Ruby's mouth is doing better, she looks miserable in that lastpicture!

Annemarie said...

Love the bra gift! Did she wear it (or attempt to wear it) all day? You're a good mom!!!

Chanel Palmer said...

Hi Annmarie!

She did!
She wore it all day long for three days! Now it's on a teddy bear on her bed where I'm hoping it stays.

Suzanne said...

You are my mom hero! I wanted to take the boys to do the same kind of shopping for each other and for Bill but didn't get to it because I waited until the last minute. I can only imagine what kinds of things they'd choose. Will you ask Haley why she chose that particular gift for Ruby? Inquiring minds want to know!

Amanda said...

It's funny how they get attached to a gift..at Walgreens! How awesome that Santa was so on the ball. And the bra is fantastic. And the picture of Lucy with her baby is priceless!

Liz said...

The bra gift is hilarious! I love it!

We emailed Santa at our house too. THank goodness he takes email now. :) Hurray for getting "Sparrow"!

Bridget said...

Love the premie diapers idea for the Baby Alive doll. My daughter got one as well but I can't find any more diapers in the store. Duh! What didn't I think of that. :)

 
Blog tracker