Saturday, December 08, 2007

Christmas Boutique




A few days after we returned from our trip, we had a Christmas boutique that I had been organizing with my friend Stephanie for months. Although we had done a ton of work before I left, there was still a lot of last minute stuff before the sale.

I have been a bad blogger because I have been so busy with this boutique so here's a sampling of what was going on.

Eric decided to make some Gingerwood Houses to sell at the boutique. He was making so many I was worried that we would never be able to sell that many at the sale so I set up a blog to help move them:
http://gingerwoodhouse.blogspot.com/



This turned into a beast. They were selling so quickly that I was packing and shipping 2-3 houses a day. By the time we had the boutique, we only had four houses left!


From Eric cutting out so many houses we had little wood triangles all over the garage floor. I decided to have the girls make them into Christmas tree ornaments and sell them at the boutique. I tried to drill the tops for a ribbon and I kept splitting to the wood. Haley asked if she could try to drill them and I explained that the drill was heavy and it was really hard to drill them.


After I had split the wood on so many that Lucy and Ruby were gluing them together to make wood sculptures I decided to let Haley try. She drilled it perfectly. So I let her do another and another and another, she ended up drilling them all and only split the wood on like 3 of them. She was so proud she told me to go get the camera!



The girls painted the trees, I did the polka dots them they did the glitter on top. They turned out pretty cute!


I also made some Christmas advents with 24 Hershey kisses hanging from them.


These are just a few of the projects that were finished. I had a garage full of projects that I needed about 4 more days to finish, oh well.

Overall the boutique was a huge success. We had tons of customers and sold a plethora of hand made items.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are amazing! sounds fun, busy, successful, exhausting, creative....and fun again!

jenny said...

Haley is definitely Eric's child! Glad your boutique was such a success. It looked so great! Call me when you have a second :)

rebecca said...

WOW.
1. Your trip - I am so happy for you guys! It sounded incredible, and I so enjoyed looking over your photos!
2. The boutique! I wish I could see details of every little thing you made! I love that you were spreading the hand-made cheer, and it looks like a successful event. Bravo!

Lora said...

You and Stephanie did such a great job on the boutique. I was very impressed at all the cute stuff! It was really hard not to want a ton of stuff. The ornaments were so cute!!!! I bought some to give to Brian's teachers at preschool! And we can't wait to decorate our gingerwood house! You are so creative Chanel! Thanks for sharing your creativity with my family!!!

Simply Selph said...

Chanel you are amazing. Just looking at all of this chaos brings back so many fun memories. I talk about garbage collecting on our night walks and I have my flag that Eric made me up where I can see it all year long. You are the most wonderfully gifted and creative person. Do you realize what a talented person you are? luv you all janine

Liz said...

Wow! This all looks so fabulous! I wish I lived close by so I could partake in all this goodness! Glad you had so much help and made some money too! :)

 
Blog tracker