Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ruby's ornament



Ruby's 1st grade teacher always does the most creative art projects with the kids. I love this Christmas ornament she brought home Friday. They wrapped their painted hand around the bottom of an orniment, then used sharpie markers to decorate the snowman. The ornaments they used look like glass balls, but it is plastic. So smart!

Here is the poem that came with it:

These aren't just five snowman
As anyone can see
I amde them with my hand
which is part of me
Now each year when you trim the tree
You'll look back and recall
Christmas of 2007
when my hand was just this small!

6 comments:

jenny said...

Luke has done a few cute projects with his hands as well. They are by far my favorite. What a cute idea. I never would have thought of that!

patsy said...

that is an amazing idea!

Suzanne said...

I wonder where we can buy plastic balls. This is a great idea.

Annemarie said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I am sooooo excited to see that you have a blog!!! I just got your card today and checked this out ASAP. It's so fun to catch up with your family and see those so cute girls!! I wish I could've come to your boutique....you are amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Chanel - this has been so fun to read about what you've been up to and WHERE you've been! The cruise looks like it was amazing! So many great things going on with the Palmers ... date night with Dad (seriously, Eric is such a cool Pop!), Haley drilling (she IS her father's daughter!), your "bad" Christmas song (I'll never think of that song the same way!), Christmas boutique ... I just love you Chanel! You never cease to inspire and amaze me.

Natasha said...

Wow, she really lucked out with a great teacher, it sounds like. Love the ornament.

 
Blog tracker