Monday, July 07, 2008

The 4th at Lake Arrowhead

A few highlight from the 4th of July:

Epiphany and Ruby hanging out at the dock


Lucy, Haley and Josephine rowing around the dock


Ruby and Lucy LOVED the boat rides, and especially loved uncle Tyke's driving!



Lucy fishing on the dock with Aunt Gina

Lunch at the dock.
I am not a fan of peanut better and jelly, but it was so fun eating it red, white and blue bread!

The best part is going out on the boat to watch the fireworks over the lake and hear the booms echo off the mountains. This year Eric and Richard took out all the kids (2 adults/ 10 kid) in the boat.



I watched the fireworks from the deck of the house and made brownies.
After they all got back we had hot brownie sundaes and the kids threw poppers all over the deck.

We were on vacation so ... in the morning cake for breakfast!

Not pictured:

Uncle Dan making us laugh so hard it hurt. Like when he held up a huge bottle of Vodka and yelled to Haley in Jensen's Market "Haley should we get Aunt Kim some of her "special" water?

Staying up until 1:30 in the morning talking about religion and politics (3 Catholics, 2 Mormons and Uncle Dan- the devils advocate).

Outlet shopping at the village- I got a cute pair of jeans for $7!

The green shag carpet in the upstairs bathroom that reminds me of getting up super early to water ski as a little kid.

All the great memories that I remembered just walking around the house!

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Lake Arrowhead sounds like a great 4th of July tradition!

I love those kinds of discussions with a varied group!

jenny said...

Sounds like the perfect place to go. I want to see those cute jeans! I never even knew they had multicolored bread. Cool!

Suzanne said...

I always look forward to your 4th of July post. Tradition is awesome. PS. Not a fan of PB & J? Wow! That is one of my favorite sandwiches still, made my way, of course!

 
Blog tracker