Saturday, July 19, 2008

Happy 10th Birthday Haley!

I can't believe that my little Haley is now 10 and going to be in the 5th grade this year!

This morning she woke up with the birthday quilt. I have never seen someone that thrashes so much when she sleeps. Her blankets and pillow are often thrown off the bed.


Haley's new 10 year old look!

Here are 10 things I love about Haley:

1. She is a great big sister. Ruby and Lucy totally look up to her.

2. She has a great smile (when you get to see it).

3. She LOVES to read and has literally read the majority of books in our local library's children's room.

We make trips to the library so often that Ruby and Lucy started complaining and did not want to go in. So sometimes I park outside while she runs in and picks out a stash to suffice for a few days.

4. She is a great softball player. She listens to her coaches and works really hard. She has also recently decided that she wanted to be called Lizzy (her middle name is Elizabeth). I'm totally ok with that, but I never remember to call her Lizzy.

5. She loves to be comfortable. I snapped this photo because It's so classic Haley. Hair unbrushed, wearing sweats, reading and eating ice cream, I'm not sure if life could get any better for her.

6. Haley is a fish. She is a great swimmer. She LOVES the beach and will stay in the water boogie boarding all day if we would let her.

7. I love when she gets excited over something new. When she has on her China clothes she struts all over the house.

8. She is crafty. She has learned to crochet and loves to make blankets for her stuffed animals.

9. She loves animals. Alive and stuffed. Haley loves to read stories about animals and makes lists of good names for pets in the future. Her latest animal obsession is Webkins.



10. Haley pretends to be a very serious little girl, but when she lets go she is hilarious and cracks me up!

Happy Birthday Lizzy!
We love you!

6 comments:

Liz said...

Happy Birthday to Haley, I mean Lizzy! I think it is so cute that she wants to change her name. I remember wanting to do that when I was a kid.

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday to Lizzy! This is a fantastic post. I love all pictorial documentation of the things you love about Haley. It is sweet to see her personality developing.

Mrs. McDaniel said...

Happy Birthday Lizzy! My dd's birthday will be Wednesday & she'll be 10 also!

Hope you had a great day!

Jill said...

What a beautiful girl! I love it that she's such a great reader, that's such a gift and wonderful quality to have.

everything pink! said...

happy birthday and boy have you guys been busy!!!

jenny said...

I remember when Haley's favorite color was green. I love how you always go to extremes with your girls party. Such a cool mom! Happy Birthday Haley!! We hope to come and visit you soon!

 
Blog tracker