Friday, July 11, 2008

I want to exercise.

I have thought about exercising for several years now... just thought about it.

So I finally decided to try something new. Three days a week I wake up at 5:30 in the morning to go riding with my friend Melissa for an hour. I love rolling out of bed and riding out the garage into the cool morning air. We ride through the orange groves and up and down all the little hills in the area. The air smells sweet and the only people out are walking or jogging and everyone says good morning.

As I ride home exhausted and with a sore butt and thighs, I am totally loving it and can't wait until we go again!


(As I was typing this Lucy came up to the computer and asked me who that boy was with Ms. Melissa. )

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hurray for you! I can totally identify. I absolutely LOVE my 5:30 AM runs through the corn and soybean fields.

Natalie said...

That's great! I have become addicted to my 5am workouts. For me, I prefer to wake up FOR ME and get something good done for me, rather than "mommy, I want milk!" or "mommy, mommy, wake up!" The day goes better if started with exercise! Way to go for you! I only wish the weather was cool enough to go riding outside.

KC said...

How fun!!! I had to laugh out loud at Lucy's comment. Eve told me I look like an old man today. Aren't kids great for the self esteem? Good for you for exercising! I have been "thinking" about it for a long time too. I have started walking in the morning since my cousin is living with us. It's wonderful.

Michelle said...

Good job!! I know that I cherish my 5:30 am runs through the hills here. It is my only alone time!! That alone makes it worth getting up for!

Liz said...

Good for you! So funny that Lucy thought you were a boy.

jenny said...

That is one sexy boy :) Ride Chanel ride !!

Jill said...

5:30 in the morning?? You're my hero!

 
Blog tracker