Thursday, July 09, 2009

Haley's calling in life

So we have tried all kinds of sports with Haley. Some sports she tolerated while others she considered abuse. She mentioned that she was interested in karate several months ago so I signed her up for a trial class. The day of the class she was adamant that she didn't want to go and I pretty much forced her into the building and told her she had to "try" one class.

During the class she looked really embarrassed and I thought she was thinking about how she was going to kill me after class... to my surprise she came out so happy and asked me to sign her up for the black belt program. She LOVED it so much she talked her new friend Anna into joining too.  She is so excited about karate she is a little obsessed... but I am just thrilled to see her so happy.  



4 comments:

Shonda said...

I'm so happy for her! You need to tell her that my BFF up in WA. is a 4th degree blackbelt. She is awesome and I always feel safe when I'm with her! :)

Natasha said...

Karate is just about the only thing I can get Griffin interested in too. Luci tends to steal the show - violin, gymnastics, soccer, basketball and Griffin never shows much interest in anything he tries. Then came karate! He has stuck with it and will be testing for his yellow belt next week.

Natasha said...

Why can't karate be cheaper though? $150 per month for one child is killing us!

Chanel Palmer said...

Natasha-

$150!!!!
Holy cow... I thought $80 was expensive.
I'm so sorry you have to fork over so much.

 
Blog tracker