Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Say What?

6/8/09

Today I bought Haley a new bedding set at Target because they were on clearance and super cheap.  Driving home she said:
"I can't believe I actually have a comforter now... I have always wanted a comforter and all I have ever had were quilts!" 
Can you believe how neglected this child is? I have forced her to sleep with my handmade quilts!  I could have saved so much time just buying her a cheep comforter at the store. 

6/17/09 Lucy was singing "shake your bootie, shake your bootie". So I stopped doing dishes, turned around and shook my bootie ... to which she responded "Wow, your bootie REALLY shakes.  It shakes just like jello!"

Later in the day Lucy and I walked into a public restroom that had a normal stall and a handicap stall. Lucy said "Look Mom, they have a little potty for my little bum and a big one for your big bum bum".  

6/30/09
While standing in front of Grandpa Ken's open casket Lucy in amazement says:
"I keep blowing on his face hard and he does not move at all."
To which Ruby replies:
"That's because he's dead! DEAD...you don't move when your dead."

7/5/09
"Wow they have so many butt streets around here." Haley 
I guess that's one way to pronounce butte.   

7/6/09 While sitting in DQ eating ice cream for our Family home evening treat:
"When you guys get divorced can I live with Dad?"-Ruby
"If the parents get divorced I am moving to the Neawons, yaa the Neaawons!" -Lucy  
"First of all we are not getting divorced, we are very happy together... but why do you want to live with Dad?"- Me
"Thats what happened to Kate" Haley
"Who's Kate?- Me
"John and Kate plus eight. They were happy and now he is wondering around NY looking for a place to live... and he had to leave on Father's day- so sad."- Haley
"Where did you hear all that?" Eric
"At Grandma Natalie's house. You guys were all busy with funeral stuff so I read her magazine that told all about it."- Haley
"Wonderful... well WE are not getting divorced" -Me
"You never know."- Haley

7/7/09
"Either we need a GPS to get around this Target, or you have lost your mind"- Haley
(In my defense the Target here is arranged completely different then I am used to.) 

7/7/09
While driving through a neighborhood here with beautiful old homes, Haley said "I'm glad we didn't move here, it looks like all old people live here"
I said "Oh these homes are great and lots of young couples fix them up really nice."
To which Haley replied:
"Ya but we both know you and Dad are not a young couple."



7 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh how I love being a fly on your wall! Your kids are hilarious. So glad you two are not a 'young couple' who is 'getting divorced'.

Greg said...

What a hoot. You are getting old. They scary part is they they are getting older as well. They will begin to think that you could have never been a teenager so there is no way to understand what they are feeling. Silly children, only if they knew what not so young parents were feeling.

Stephanie said...

HILARIOUS.
-Stefi

Liz said...

Your kids are seriously so funny! Thanks for the laugh!

shawna b. said...

Oh, Chanel. I am so sorry to hear about Eric's dad. Please pass along our condolences to Eric. Tell him the Borgs love him and are so sorry for his loss. I am so sorry for the loss for ALL of you. I can see that he meant a great deal to you and the girls as well. This must just be such an emotional time, and I can't believe how it all just kind of poured on you at once! I wish I could run over and give you a hug (and hang out in your beautiful Oregon). Again, I am so very sorry, and hope that you will all be able to feel comforted at this time of adjustment.

At least the girls are keeping your smiling with the funny things they say! And Chanel, if they are commenting on the size of your LITTLE behind, they would have a heyday with the size of my HUGE one! By the way, no matter what Haley says, I still say you and Eric are a young couple!

Good luck with everything, Chanel. I love you guys and wish you all the very best.

Jill said...

I don't know if my mental health could take some of these hilarious observations from your girls!

Suzanne said...

Oh, man. Your girls are full of zingers!

 
Blog tracker