Sunday, February 04, 2007

13 years!

Eric and I have been married for 13 years today! It’s hard to believe that this all started with a blind date that I was going to call and cancel, but I could not find his phone number. We went to Los Hermanos and the Hale theater on our 1st date. About half way through our date he said “We have been out for about 3 hours, and we are in Provo so will you marry me”. I said no.

From the first time I met Eric I thought he was too good to be true and putting on a show. Once I realized that he really was that nice and thoughtful and it was not a show- I married him. The biggest blessing of my life.



While we were engaged I was looking through a catalog and saw a large wood bed and said how much I loved it. Eric told me he would make me one for a wedding gift. Ya right, I thought. But he did, he actually made the bed that I saw. I love it.


This is pretty much the story of my marriage. Eric is always surprising me and overwhelming me with his kindness, generosity and abilities to accomplish anything. I have stopped saying ya right.


Here are 13 of my favorite things about Eric:
1. The way he looks at me.
2. He makes me laugh so hard it hurts.
3. He is an amazing Father (This is typical of him making a project. The girls will be all over him and "helping" him and he is so patient with them).

4. His strong testimony of Jesus Christ and willingness to serve.
5. He really can make, do, fix or figure out anything.
6. He never complains
7. He is an craftsman.
8. The respect he has for his parents (all four of them).
9. He keeps me balanced.
10.He has a great butt!
11.He makes me happy.
12.He is appreciative.
13.That after 13 years, I would rather spend time with him then anyone else.


Happy Anniversary Love!

9 comments:

Tasha said...

Happy Anniversary! That is such a great picture of the two of you! Eric is an amazing do-it-all craftsman. You make a great pair!

everything pink! said...

ok such a great photo.

really amazing you two are quite a team.
some of my best friends are the ones who would rather be with their husband than me. i love people like you!

jenny said...

Happy Anniversary you too crazy love birds! Love ya!!

Jordan said...

Happy Anniversary! Impressed with the woodwork, Craig would be jealous--how does he find the time? Cute cute couple.

everything pink! said...

ok after going to bed last night i realized that my comment sounds weird.

my point being that my new litmus test for girlfriends is that if that if they can't wait to get away from their husbands and hang out with their girlfriends, than mark that as a sign!
so i have found that some of the women i admire the most is the ones who love being with their husband more than their girlfriends. hope that makes sense.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary. What romantic thoughts on your top 13. You are definitely meant for each other!

Jill said...

Happy Anniversary! He sounds like a great guy. I can't believe he made you that bed, that's incredible.

Anonymous said...

You are perfectly matched. Eric is amazing and so is his wife! What a great couple you are. Happy 13 years!!!! And many more!!!!

michelle said...

You are fortunate indeed to have a husband who can fix things, make things, etc. The shelves are beautiful! A craftsman indeed.

 
Blog tracker