Sunday, February 04, 2007

Family Party

Yesterday was Ruby's "real" birthday. We gave her tons of options of what she could do on her birthday. Out of all of the options she choose having her Grandma's and Grandpa's come over for cake and ice cream. She decided what kind of cake and helped me make it. It had two layers of "pink" cake with a layer of chocolate brownie in the middle and chocolate frosting. This was all her idea and it was actually really good. I frosted the cake but let her put her name on the top, she thought that was so cool. As soon as we got home from church she grabbed the big plate and started chowing on the last piece.



4 comments:

jenny said...

Cool! I can't wait till Doug's gets his apple and we can have an ichat. I love that she decorated it herself. Something we should all let our kids do. Unless Sam's club decides to take over :)

Tasha said...

I'm late telling Ruby Happy Birthday! That portrait of her is beautiful, I love that it shows her personality!

Happy Birthday Ruby! I am sure that in 20 or so years we will be buying fabric she has designed or something equally as cool!

Jordan said...

Pink and chocolate--a true girl's girl!

Liz said...

What a creative girl to choose cake with a layer of brownie. I love her decorating skills, the cake looks so cute with her handwritten name on it. Sounds like she had a fun birthday!

 
Blog tracker