Friday, February 02, 2007

Happy Birthday Ruby!


I can't believe that my little Ruby is 6!

Ruby was named after Ruby Haight. The first time Eric and I met Ruby Haight we both walked away in love with her. She was a tiny little lady with a huge heart, a wonderful smile and an incredible strength about her . Not long after that we both decided that if the next baby was a girl she would be named Ruby.
Our little Ruby is such a bright spirit in our home. She too has a huge heart, great smile and is incredibly strong.



Ruby is obsessed with her hair and clothes. She always wears a skirt, carries a purse and often asks after she gets dressed if what she is wearing is "style".


She is our only child that cut her own hair.


Ruby loves to sew and she is really good at it. She knows how to use all the features of my machine and even drops the needle to turn her fabric.


She loves to design outfits and says that she wants to be a clothes maker. I'm just guessing that she will probably go into design of some kimd when she grows up. Last year as I was putting her to bed I had to take a photo of how she designed her shelf. She had arranged all of her favorite things as if she was designing a window display.




Ruby is very creative. Usually her bad choices have to do with art or make up supplies. She is a leader, sometimes for good...sometimes for bad but she is always having fun so




Ruby has a special relationship with her Dad. She has him completly wrapped around her finger.



It is a tradition in our home that when you wake up on your birthday you have the birthday quilt on your bed. Then later that day when we hang the quilt we take the birthday person's photo in front of the quilt. It is fun to look back at past years to see how much they have grown.




HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUBY!

8 comments:

jenny said...

Happy Birthday Ruby Bristol!! Hope you have a great day.

p.s. I love that you cover them with the quilt--never thought of that. Great idea!

Jordan said...

Happy Birthday Ruby!! We considered your name for Hazel.

Shawna B. said...

Love that Ruby Palmer. I still chuckle when I think of Eric calling her "Rudy" after she cut her hair! She's quite a girl! She really drops her needle to turn her fabric?! Wow ...

Someday some glamorous star on the red carpet will be asked who made the dress she is wearing, to which she will reply, "This is a Ruby Palmer. Isn't it gorgeous?" The interviewer will heartily agree and everyone will rush out to buy their own Ruby Palmer! I love that she's such a little artist already and that she has an eye for design. Although, considering her brilliant parents, I am not too surprised!

Happy, happy birthday, Ruby!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ruby! I've always loved her name because my grandma's name is Ruby! I am also amazed that you made that Birthday quilt! Tasha sent me the pattern and I've pulled it out a couple of times to make it but haven't yet. Way to go! You're incredible!

melanie said...

Your birthday quilt is genius! What a good idea to see how they have grown!

everything pink! said...

what no one told me about that awesome birthday quilt. I LOVE it. too bad it is 11:00 pm or else i would start one.. hee hee.

that sewing photo is so great!

happy birthday

michelle said...

I LOVE the birthday quilt idea! That is pure genius!

carlo said...

What a cool idea with the quilt. (linked via Kristi!)

Hope the birthday celebration was fantastic!!

 
Blog tracker