Monday, February 26, 2007

Family Reunion

Last Saturday we had a family reunion for my Mom's side of the family. Like most family reunions there was a bounce house for the kids, cotton candy, tons of good food, but this was not a typical family reunion. My Aunt Alice was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer that has metastasised throughout her body. There is no positive prognosis. This family party was really an opportunity for everyone to see her and say goodbye. It was a great day in a hard, holding back the tears kinda way. On one hand it was painful to know that I will probably never see her again in this life, on the other hand it was great to see her get to enjoy her family and feel the love that everyone has for her.



My Mom and Sister and her Husband flew into town for the party. It was the first time all of the cousins have been together in more then 10 years. It was great to see all of them now that we are all mellow and married with kids. Oh, the stories that I could tell.

7 comments:

michelle said...

What a great opportunity. Family photos are the best! Too bad it was a sad occasion that brought everyone together.

Anonymous said...

Chanel, that is really hard. SO sorry to hear about your aunt. At the same time, I am so happy you got the chance to all be together again. I headed back to Utah AFTER my grandma died, and while it was wonderful to be there with all my cousins, many of whom I hadn't see in 10 years, I kept wishing I had gone BEFORE she passed away. I think it would have meant so much to her to have all us there with her again. I think you did it right.

Great pictures! You look fantastic!

Jill said...

That is seriously sad about your aunt, but it's wonderful that you could all get together with her.

jenny said...

I thought about you ALL day Saturday. I am glad you guys had an enjoyable time. I too am glad you guys had a reunion for her.

Tasha said...

Chanel,
I sincerely wish your Aunt peace and comfort. What a hard, hard thing. I am glad you all got togehter, I can't remember the last time I was with all of my cousings.

Is that your sister to the left of you in the picture?

Chanel Palmer said...

Tasha- Yes that's my Sister Tiffany to the left of me.

Allison said...

I am so gald that all of you were able to get together to be with her one last time. It will be something that you will cherish when she passes.

You look great!

 
Blog tracker