Friday, April 20, 2007

Bad dreams

Ever since Eric left I have found myself having a very hard time falling asleep. When I do finally get to sleep I have horrible dreams. One night I had a dream that we lived in a canyon and there was a huge fire coming near our house and I was trying to figure out how to get my girls out of the house and canyon alive. There were no fire-trucks or firefighters in the dream, I was alone.

Next night when I went to bed there were Wizard of OZ dolls on my bed and a program from Wicked. My girls had been watching the Wizard of Oz and acting it out with there dolls. I cleaned up the doll, read through the program and went to bed. That night I dreamed that there was a huge toronto coming toward our house and I was trying to figure out how to use Eric's tools to anchor our house the the foundation.



Obviously I an having anxiety about taking care of our girls and house alone.

Last night at 4:40 am we had an earthquake, a REAL one not a dream. It was only a 2.5 but it was enough to jolt my bed and get me wide awake. I spent the rest of the night thinging about and planning what I would need to do if there was a big earthquake while Eric is away. I am seriously considering taking drugs to help me sleep tonight.

4 comments:

jenny said...

Sorry to hear about your sleepless nights. I have a hard time sleeping when Doug is not home too. I guess that is why I go to bed WAY too late and pay for it in the morning. Does reading help?? Sometimes reading scriptures will sometimes ease my mind and help me sleep. Hang in there! xxx Jen :)

Jordan said...

I have been known to pop a few pills on Craigless nights. Then, I'm worried I WON'T wake if there is a true emergency...you just can't win.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Chanel. I hate bad dreams! I don't sleep well when Tyler's away either. I keep way too many lights on in the house and generally the TV, too! I wish I lived closer so I could come keep you company! I like Jenny's suggestion of reading. Also, maybe there is someone who could give you a blessing to help you. I know I am almost useless to my children if I am exhausted. Good luck, my friend!

Jill said...

Oh my, bad dreams and a real earthquake, that's not good. You need some sleeping meds. Hopefully these were isolated incidents and you can get into a good sleeping groove now.

 
Blog tracker