Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Healthy dinner

My kids have mentioned to me several times that I am not the greatest Mom.

According to my girls the greatest Mom is their Aunt Tiffany (my sister) because one morning 2 years ago she let all the kids eat chocolate cake and ice cream for breakfast. Seriously she really did this.

Tonight I told the girls that we were having chocolate shakes for dinner. They were thrilled. We had eaten a late lunch so I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to claim that coveted title of "Greatest Mom of all time". They were so happy and singing my praises as they downed their large shakes.

A little while later they asked for real food because they were hungry. "How can you be hungry after such a great dinner?" I asked. I was informed that Aunt Tiffany let them eat cake AND ice cream, I JUST gave them a shake and that was not enough. Oh... really.

3 comments:

jenny said...

Isn't it funny if you allow them to do what they want, they ask for the real stuff later? I guess we can't win right? (we had icecream for dinner the other night too) Yummy!

Liz said...

So funny! A few weeks ago we had strawberry shortcake for dinner and later gingersnaps. Talk about a sugar high! :)

Jill said...

Too funny!

 
Blog tracker