Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Extreme quilters

Four of my friends that quilt are also married to Medical Residents, and three of those four are moving out of state at the end of June. So we decided to make a Redlands/Loma Linda quilt. All 5 of us made 10 blocks (5 of one style and 5 of the other) that way each of us received all 10 of the different blocks. I should add that most of us finished these blocks in 30 days, we were obsessed.


Jackie's blocks
Jackie pieced a scrub top (out of scrubs) with the Loma Linda Hospital logo on the pocket. She also did a great block for In-N-out burger since we all love that place.



Kira's blocks
Kira is probably the newest quilter out of all of us and she always blows us away. She made a Caduceus to represent the time our husbands have spent studying and practicing medicine. She also made a block with palm trees and a red hot sun. There are tons of streets here lined with palm trees.





Suzanne's blocks
We are all too familiar with what a resident's schedule is like so Suzanne made a call schedule showing a resident Q4- on call every 4 days. Her second block was for Market night. Redlands has a great market night downtown every Thursday night. These are so great.



Kaycee's blocks
There are tons of orange groves all over this area so Kaycee pieced this amazing orange tree block. She also made an RMA (Resident Medical Auxiliary) block since we have made so many friends through this organization.




My blocks
Suzanne who is not LDS, requested a block of the temple because all her friends here are LDS. I love the temple here and was thrilled to make this block. Jackie suggested using a tie tack for the Moroni and it worked perfectly. I also made a block of the mountain range in Redlands with the R on it and orange groves in the front. Ruby thinks the R on the mountain is for her.



I am so excited to have these blocks!

I am going to make two more blocks, one for Disneyland and one with a swimming pool...eventually. For now these are going to sit and look pretty next to my other unfinished projects.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love that you rushed home and documented all of the fun we had last night on your blog. You are one of the main reasons I am getting the urge to start a blog. When I do, I'll have you to credit for TWO of my addictions.

Liz said...

These are gorgeous blocks! It makes me nostalgic for the days when I actually quilted! I'm sure it will be so beautiful when all put together!

Anonymous said...

That temple is AMAZING. What an awesome treasure to have. Thanks for sharing and making us all jealous :)

everything pink! said...

oh my tell your friends they are amazing!

i love the temple block chanel it is awesome. the q4 block is so great.

Amanda said...

These blocks are awesome. I can't believe the talent! The Temple is amazing.

 
Blog tracker