Saturday, May 19, 2007

Ditching school

I pulled my girls out of school early yesterday to go see the twin baby horses that were born at my Friend's family Ranch. Haley loves horses and was in heaven. She has read so many horse books I could not believe how much horse lingo she knew. Ruby (wearing black velvet) would get next to the babies, pose and ask me to take a picture, then she would ask "why is this place so dirty?" and "why are there so many flies?". Haley wanted to know if she would ever be able to own her own horse. Ruby just wanted to change her clothes, because the "Ranch was so dirty". Two completely different little spirits.



4 comments:

jenny said...

That photo of Haley is so great. What a perfect ditch day.

Tasha said...

My mom let me ditch school to see the Budweiser Clydesdales once when I was about Haley's age. I was horse crazy and it stands out as such a positive memory. I love seeing the differences in the girl's spirits too. My sister and I are like that.

Great pictures!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness, that last picture with her surrounded by the horses is so cool. I always wanted a horse when I was a kid, I even liked to clean the stalls when I visited a friend who had lots of horses (go figure).

Liz said...

Fun! I think ditching school once in awhile is a good thing!

 
Blog tracker