Saturday, May 05, 2007

Saturday

Today we went to the National Mall and met up with Dori, Adam and their kids(friends from NOLA). Eric and I drove around forever looking for a parking space. He kept driving 12-13 city blocks away to find a free/ cheap parking spot. My legs were sore from walking so I wanted to park close. After driving around for 40 min we found a free spot 2 blocks away from the museum and we decided that we could stay married.

The Natural History museum was very cool. I had just watched Night at the Museum with the girls before I left, so it was hard not to keep thinking about the movie.
From there we drove to the Lincoln Monument and parked without stress...whew. I could not believe how large the monument is. I was also surprised by the beautiful stained glass windows in the celing.
Afterwards Dori and I sat on the grass while the kids played and the boys walked the Vietnam memorial. Dori is such a great person. She is an amazing parent and always improves my perspective on parenting. I can't wait for her 4th child to arrive in June.




Then we went to the Rosevelt Memorial. It was really really cold and starting to rain.


We said good by to our good friends and drove across the Potomac river to Old Town Alexandria.


Such a quaint little town with charming stores. I was able to shop in The Paper Source for the 1st time- what a great store.

We came home and had dinner at Eric's little studio and called it a night. I am not used to walking several miles every day so my legs/feet are so sore and tired. I am glad that tomorrow is Sunday and we will get to rest.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

So jealous you got to see the wonderful Bowmans!

everything pink! said...

wow, i didn't know she was pregnant. how exciting!

me want gum gum - this is what sally jane says evertime we see that statue in there.

 
Blog tracker