Monday, May 07, 2007

Monday

Anyone that has read Kristi's blog has seen the amazing ribbons she gets at the outlet. I had to check it out. I could not believe how cheep the prices were. They have tons of different types of ribbons and they are all different prices, but I got a few rolls of 100 yards of ribbon for 50 cents each. Oh ya baby!



After the outlet we drove to Antietam, the Civil War battlefield. I have to admit that I was not excited about going to see a place where so many people lost their lives, but I learned a lot and it really was beautiful




Then we drove to Harpers Ferry. This is where the Shenandoah River and the Potomac meet.


We walked along the Appalachian Trail, and on the stairs where George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Meriwether Lewis and so many more great men in History walked.


This was such an amazing opportunity. I can't tell you how blessed I feel to have been able to go on this trip and see all these wonderful towns and historic places. We could not have done any of this without Eric's Mom and Stepdad. Grandma Hawley and Grandpa Brown watched our girls for us while we were gone. I'm sure they could have given us a thousand reasons why they couldn't do this, but they didn't, and I really appreciate it. Hawley (a retired school teacher) worked with my girls on their handwriting and taught Ruby her address. Talk about double duty. I hope they recover quickly from their long week.

6 comments:

Tasha said...

So glad you and Eric got some alone time. Isn't it energizing?

everything pink! said...

oh harpers ferry! wonderful. did you steal any railroad ties?

ok and you have now experience my two loves - my ward and the ribbon outlet. seriously how could i ever move from here!

thanks for all you posts and reminding me what is great here.

since you left the loud birds and squirrels don't annoy me anymore, it was because of you pointing out the beautiful birds.

love that the girls had some fun grandma/grandpa time too.

parents that are willling to do that are amazing!

Chanel Palmer said...

Kristi- We looked but didn't see any railroad ties. We did however have a deer walk down the middle of the street in front of us.

I can't believe I forgot to mention the birds! It sounds funny to say but I loved hearing all the birds singing everywhere we went.

So fun! Thanks for telling us about all the cool things to see and do!

Liz said...

Chanel, it sounds like you had a fabulous time! I loved reading about all of your adventures, and especially without kids! So fun! I am dreaming of some kid free time!!

Jill said...

I'm so glad you got to go see Eric and have a getaway, surely that will help ease the pain of your single-parent status (right?). What a bonus to get to see Jeff and Kristi, the ribbon outlet, and all those beautiful sites. Score!

Anonymous said...

What a treat to read about your DC adventures! Having lived in the area for 3 years, it just makes me homesick to see the photos! I'm so glad you got a chance to be with your hubby!

 
Blog tracker