Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Priceless artwork


This is a poster titled “Jorja” is by an artist named Christine Rosamond. When I was 16, I purchased an original AP (Artist’s proof) serigraph from Christine Rosamond's gallery in Carmel. She was impressed that I was so young and buying her art work (I was making good money at the time) she signed this poster and gave it to me. It hangs right above the table where we eat and spend tons of time.
The other night while we were eating dinner Eric casually said "You know, I wouldn't mind if you sold that picture on Ebay". I have been known to sell lots of stuff we don't need- but I like this picture. After talking it over I realized that no guy would be thrilled to have two large pictures of women (Ya, he doesn’t like the other one either) that he doesn’t even know hanging in his house. We compromised. I kept the Serigraph and sold the poster on Ebay for $200. This left us with a really nice frame and nothing to put in it. So I commissioned three of the most elite artists in the area to do a custom work of art for our home. I choose the colors and let them do the rest. I have to admit, I don’t miss Jorja at all.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent choice, Chanel! I've commissioned my own "artists" and don't regret it either. Although they prefer to paint pictures of footballs ... and George Washington! The painting looks perfect in the frame!

Angie said...

Looks great! I have had my artists do some small things but never thought of somehting like this. Great idea.

And wow! $200!

jenny said...

I love the new artwork. And like I told you today I am jealous of your good luck on ebay. Theres nothing better than some extra change. Now what are you getting Mr. E for his birthday ummmmmmmmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea!

everything pink! said...

chanel, everything about this post is what i love about you!
so great.

Anonymous said...

We think the picture those elite artists made is spectacular. It could become a much sought after masterpiece in the future. Good job and the colors are great.

Love, Dad & Mom P.

 
Blog tracker