Monday, November 06, 2006



When we lived down in Louisiana everyone would eat red beans and rice on Mondays. According to my mailman (Gilbert) it was because Monday was laundry day and you could put the beans on the stove and leave them all day while you worked. I liked the idea of doing all the laundry on one day, so I started doing this when we lived down there and still do it today. I also started making red beans and rice as well.
Monday is still my work day. I don’t shower, I stay in grungy clothes (sometimes my pajamas) and I do ALL of our laundry. Wash, fold and put it away. While I am waiting for loads to finish, I mop the floors and vacuum ect. I love going to bed and knowing that everything is clean, even if it will only last for a few hours.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that you adopted the Louisiana ways! We do red beans and rice sometimes on Mondays too. However, if I had to do all my laundry on Monday, I think I would buckle under the pure tonage of it all!

jenny said...

I don't know how you can wait a WHOLE week without doing laundry. My kids would have no pants to wear if I did that (jared only has 2 pairs of jeans) Maybe I should come to your house on Monday's to eat--I never cook on Mondays due to Doug's work schedule.

Waffles anyone? I miss waffle nights at the Palmers!!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Monday is also my work day (though I do laundry ALL week, what is up with that) and I, too, love the refreshed house after a weekend of messiness...
I also enjoyed remembering you and Hailey (and Ruby???) sitting out, waiting for the postman to stop by during his rounds. Ours would sometimes skip a day here and there (did we have the same guy?) and once a week they would all gather at Rodastas. What a great neighborhood we lived in...

everything pink! said...

when we eat red beans and rice, i only make them on monday's, it is like a way of me holding on to my past or something is that so weird? i also started doing laundry on monday's, but it seems to drag through the week as well.

 
Blog tracker